Saving Pets One at a Time – A Dog & Cat Rescue
In San Diego’s North County we’ve formed a pack—we are people who love dogs and cats. We believe that companion animals are among the noblest beings on earth and that they deserve our stewardship. We are an all-volunteer group with 501c3 tax exempt status. Want to get involved? Contact us today!
- We rescue cats and dogs from euthanasia at local animal shelters. Please note that we do not intake strays or animals from owners who need to re-home their own animals
- We place rescued animals in foster homes—and work to get each adopted
- We manage adoption events, fundraisers and educational presentations
- We are proponents of spaying and neutering of pets and also help fund clinics for income restricted families in our community
- We offer education to owners who need to rehome their animals.
We are advocates for homeless dogs and cats in San Diego that are at risk for euthanasia. Our goal is to save treatable, trainable, manageable and misdiagnosed animals from San Diego shelters by providing a system of transport, training, fostering and adoption. Our ultimate wish would be empty shelters—meaning that no animal is abandoned and no shelter would need to kill one animal to make room for another. To this end, we are also cheerleaders for robust spay and neuter programs, and TNR (trap, neuter, release) programs for feral cats. Please note: SPOT does not take in strays or owner-relinquished pets, but Click Here to download our handout with tips and information about how to re-home your pet.
Become A Foster
Loving foster homes are the backbone of any rescue organization. They are families just like yours that provide a safe, temporary home for rescued pets to rest, recuperate and prepare to meet their forever families. The animals in foster care benefit greatly from love and attention and living in a home environment; for some rescued pets, it may be a first. When foster homes are not available, rescued pets stay in boarding kennels or veterinary clinics.LEARN MORE